Monday, May 20, 2013

makeup mondays // Aimee-Beth D.



Not only is Aimee-Beth a close friend of mine, she is a witty & charming one of a kind person. 

I am honored to feature her as my first ever Makeup Monday Artist. I'm sure she wins a prize

I mean, I'll eventually figure out something. 



based out of : palm springs
years in the industry : 8
instagram : @badabd



-How did you get started in the makeup industry? 
I got started performing in theater for my community. Before every show I would have an hour and a half to sit in front of the vanity and use make up to become another person. It become one of my favorite parts of doing theater, and that love developed into a full on career as a make up artist.



-What was/is your favorite moment in your makeup career? 
My favorite moments are always evolving! But some of the best times for me come from collaborating with friends on photo shoots and creative projects, there is nothing that makes me feel more vibrant as a creative individual.

-What/who inspires you? 
THE MASTER: Kevyn Aucoin. I know this answer may seem obvious, but it's honest. I remember the Christmas I recieved his book "Making Faces", I poured over every detail for hours at a time. He completely fascinated me and was the first person who showed me how absolutely powerful make up can be. His philosphy of "there are no rules in make up" resonates with me today, and I love that he wasn't about "fixing problems", he was about fun, fantasy, creativity, and playing with make up to bring out the many facets of a personality.

Revez Magazine

                                               Revez Magazine




-What are 3 products you can't live without? 
My Clarisonic face brush, Aveda's Inner Light tinted moisturizer, and MAC's In Extreme Dimension mascara.
                            




-What kind of power do you think there is behind makeup? 
There is so much power in transformation, and make up provides instant gratification in that desire to be transformed. I love that it can be accessible to everyone who wants to learn, and that the ritual of pampering yourself or pampering another person through applying make up is a centuries old ritual that lives on today.
*****

Thank you for stopping by! Naomi xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment