Monday, May 27, 2013

makeup mondays // Lucia M.


I had the pleasure to work with Lucia for many years. 
Her contagious smile and high energy leaves no one indifferent. 
She has some of the cleanest, most precise makeup skills I've ever encountered. 
She teams up on the regular with her photographer & hairstylist boyfriend to make gorgeous people look, well, even more gorgeous. 
Enjoy!




*name : Lucia M. 
*based out of : Southern California
*years in the industry : 10
*instagram : @macporvida



-How did you get started in the makeup industry? 
The moment I walked by the MAC counter I knew this is where I wanted to be. The artists were fierce, and the artistry was impeccable. It took me 4 years to have the courage to drop off a resume. I never thought I was cool enough to work at MAC, but I said "F it!",  "what do I have to lose?". I was working for my mom at the time in a boring office, where I spent most of my time on the clock reading beauty blogs and ordering makeup online. I had to get out.






 -What was/is your favorite moment in your makeup career? 

I love  helping brides getting ready for their special day, most importantly,something they will remember for the rest of their lives. 





 -What/who inspires you?
To be honest, the people I work with inspire me daily and I am so grateful to work amongst so much talent. I also love lurking the incredibly talented  lotstar, romerojennings, and missjobaker  on Instagram for inspiration.




-What are 3 products you can't live without? 
 My 3 must have products are Clinique's Even Better Moisturizer, MAC Mineralize Loose Foundation for a flawless satin finish, and a MAC 224 brush to create a seamless smokey eye. 


All photo credits : Phillip Matthews


-What kind of power do you think there is behind makeup?
Makeup can positively change the way a person feels about themselves. Something as simple as a red lipstick can evoke a sexy empowering attitude.  

*****


Thank you for stopping by,  Naomi xo









No comments:

Post a Comment