Tuesday, May 21, 2013

// mid century modern nurseries //

Many of my friends are expecting this year. 
I'm so excited for them and I can't stop peeking at nursery decors! 
I had so much fun doing Soren's two years ago. 

It is such an exciting time in a one's life, that I cannot help but re-live the joys and thrills of my pregnancy with Soren through them.

Pregnancy is not all unicorns and shiny rainbows. 
It sometimes sucks. 
However, fun stuff like baby kicks or knowing that you are in fact growing a human is pretty mind blowing. 
Fun stuff also includes nesting, decorating, prepping and the nursery. 

Soren is now 2. 
We are no where near wanting another one at the moment. 
We have always wanted our babies a few years apart. 
We get to enjoy this awesome little creature all for ourselves a few more years. 

But I am still lurking and pinning many nursery ideas.

I was introduce to mid century a few years back and my love for it has grown. 
The crisp, simple lines of the designs are timeless and adhere to so many different style of decor.

Here are my favorites.



whorange
Simplicity at its best. Love the Scandinavian art on the wall. What a great gender neutral pick.


source
If I had to do it all over, I would so do a charcoal for S' room. And drool over that credenza. 


source
I spent thousands, yes, thousands of hours nursing Soren. This would be perfect for any parent to soothe in style. 
Not that any of that matter when you are holding a crying baby. 

Dwell Studio
I love the color combo here, if you decide to do the classic blue walls for a boy. And don't get me started on those tapered legs. Swoon.


Apartment Therapy
I love how this one can go from nursery to toddler room easily. 
Such a good idea with the atomic mobile. I would gladly move it to my bedroom when they are done with it. 

Dwell Studio
Another great gender neutral pick. I would probably pick a chartreuse or sea foam green for the walls but that's just me. And look at that bear skin rug. Perfect. The hanging globe? Genius. 

No comments:

Post a Comment